Friday, April 20, 2007

Tears, songs, hugs and words.

I am sure that I am not alone in this. You know the times in your life when you are facing something, a project, a new direction or a big change and you become totally overwhelmed with life? Well this is where I have been this week. So I have shed tears. I have been comforted by a song. The words to the chorus are " I am here , I 'm with you always, even to the end of the age. I am here, I'm with always. There's no need to fear I am here" followed by a big hug from the friend who sang the song for me. I then came across this quote in an e-mail. "It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link of the chain of destiny can be handled at a time."-Winston Churchill. So now I am not quite so overwhelmed. I know that God is with me. I have friends to comfort me and the quote reminds me that I do not have to worry about tomorrow, I only have to thank God for His provision of all I need today.

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

I pray for daily strength and wisdom! May you hide in the shadow of His wings! Blessings!

abby said...

I love the Winston Churchill quote--I'd never heard that one before. I tend to worry and get overwhelmed often, so quotes like this remind me to take it one thing at a time.