Sunday, April 15, 2007

Enough and More than Enough

This week has been a long week with many meetings and many very long days. When I face a week like this one. Which has contained facing many tough subjects and looking at changes that I don't have a concrete grasp on. It helps me to remember that God is more than enough.
During the passover the Jews would sing a song that recounts the Exodus from Egypt and all that God took them through during that time and it speaks of Him being more than enough.
My thought are these:
It would have been more than Enough if you had just kept me from death by the blood of the lamb. But you have done so much more you have given me everlasting, abundant life.
It would have been more than Enough if you had just delivered me from the bondage of slavery. But you have done so much more, you have healed my emotions from the effects of the bondage.
It would have been more than Enough if you had only provided for me manna and water. But you have done so much more. You have given me life in a country where I can purchase any food I want at any time.
It would have been more than Enough if you had only lead me by the cloud during the day and the pillar of fire at night. But you have done so much more, you came to live inside of me and guide me continually.

Feel free to add to the more than enough list. Tell me how God is more than enough in your life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More than enough? well..Counselor, Advocate, Comforter, Teacher, Helper, Intercessor, Strenthener, Standby, the Spirit of Truth, wow! always available, I wonder if we really, really "get" just how much more than enough He is?

Derek Chalfant said...

I think sometimes we've only just scratched the surface as to what He has in store or blesses us with. He is so huge and we need to soak in all that He has to offer.