Monday, December 8, 2008

Next Step to Jamaica

I had my meeting this morning with the staff as CSI and I feel that everything went very well. They ask me many questions which lasted about 2 hours. When asked about my call to long term mission work, I was able to quote the scriptures that God has laid on my heart and also explain about the many other ways God has confirmed this call to me. In my last post I let you in on two of the scriptures that God opened up to me as I was considering this calling. We had great conversation about CSI ministries, their vision for short term mission trips, the role of being a long term missionary with CSI. The next step is the psychological testing. This comes in the form of a questionnaire which I will fill out and Pastor Kris acting as my proxy will return to the company that evaluates the forms and sends the results to CSI. After this test, I will possibly have an interview with CSI's personnel committee and or the executive board. The board does not meet again until May but they may agree to meet with me prior this. So as God leads I will follow him step by step.
PS: I feel so excited I can hardly contain myself. I want to move to Jamaica right NOW! But my self disciplined part knows that God's timing is perfect and anything outside of his timing just wouldn't be as good.

3 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Marggy-

I am so excited for you that this is all taking place. I know how exciting it is to walk in the will and the call of God on your life! I am praying for you! I pray for peace and complete direction as you continue this journey! -Mindy

Nathan said...

I can't imagine having such an amazing calling and having to just wait for it so patiently. You rock!

Keym said...

Wow all the tests and interviews you have to go through, but I must say that I am glad that CSI is thorough and not sending quacks to mission for God! LOL
You are simply amazing!