Sunday, December 7, 2008

Jamaica Update

Bright and early on Monday morning (9:00 am)I have a meeting with the CSI staff at the Muncie office. I think this is steps 5 and 6 as listed in this post. I am excited about visiting CSI World Headquarters and learning about my next steps in the process of becoming a missionary in Jamaica. However I am a bit apprehensive in communicating my calling. I find it difficult to adequately describe exactly what God has done in my heart and how He has communicated to me this calling on my life. Some of the things I will be sharing are how God placed a desire in my heart to live with and minister to the Jamaican people. How I believe that God has revealed to me in a dream that I would be moving into a new opportunity, and the instructions that He gave me in that dream. I will also be sharing how God has confirmed this calling through the words of fellow Christians and the bible. The following is a part of a letter I wrote to family and friends to describe my future plans.
"My first trip to Jamaica was last August and after that trip I came home with a tremendous love for the people of Jamaica. The desire to serve the people of Jamaica continued to grow in my heart; as Psalm 37:4 says “Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart” I know God placed this desire in my heart because it is not like me to want to make major life changes. I have lived my entire life in this area of Indiana, close to my family, and until this trip I did not have any desire to move anywhere else. But now I know that God is calling me to explore a position as a full time missionary to Jamaica. I have heard him call me as he did Jeremiah in verse 1:7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. So I made a second trip to Jamaica in October and at that time I investigated the ministry of CSI in Jamaica and spent time with the other missionaries posted there. We discussed what God has placed in their hearts to do for him. I am beginning to understand what God would want me to do in Jamaica and as the vision becomes clear I will be sharing with my family and friends at the proper time. So I have surrendered to God in this matter and have begun the process of becoming a full time missionary. I can not begin to know God’s timing in this but will be faithful to move forward each step as he leads."
I will keep you updated as I learn more about this journey.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

what you are doing is such an amazing and beautiful thing! praying for your interview!

Shelby-Grace said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm sure today will go great! I'll be praying for you.

Kris Sorensen said...

Very exciting!