Monday, November 26, 2007

SURPRISE Oh Crap!!

My bathroom now looks something like the Vickery's. However my surprise was not planned and was not for someone else. This morning my father came over and we started in on completing the demolition that was started O' let's say about a year ago. This bathroom remodeling project started due to a busted pipe in the wall behind the shower. I was really happy about this because for a couple of years I had wanted to rip out the shower stall and put in a tub shower combo. So all went well - and for the last year I have had a wonderful shower and tub with a couple of walls of unfinished dry wall. No problem - I was saving up to tear the rest out and put in a new sink, new medicine cabinet, new paint, new flooring, etc. So today was the big day - demo and it was going along real well. We had the two remaining walls stripped down to the studs and went to the attic to work on removing one of two light fixtures. Well... while we were in the attic half of the bathroom ceiling relocated itself to the bathroom floor. This was due to nothing we had done other than freeing it from the support of dry wall on two walls. So now my ceiling looks like this. (nice blue tarp. it matches the tile)


Looks like this little surprise will cost me a few more days of remodel and a new plan for heat in the bathroom since it had electric ceiling heat.

4 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Ohhh snap! That stinks.

Mommy pfohl said...

Ohhh snap or Oh crap is right on here! Man, that really stinks! So sorry to hear this happened. =( That's why I don't remodel... I am a demolisher with tools in hand. happy fixing up... Glad the tarp still matches the tile!

Derek Chalfant said...

In best Dudley Moore voice, "I hate when that happens." Why do little projects always turn into bigger ones?

bryan vickery said...

argh. i feel your pain! jme and i still have no sink in the bathroom (my fault), but at least we have a toilet now! hope this "season" in your life passes quickly!