Saturday, November 10, 2007

Do we have leaf raking muscles?


I had a great time this morning as several of us from FFC joined together during our Second Saturday Serve and raked up the leaves from several yards. It was good to just be together with part of my church family. I really feel that serving along side others is one of the best ways to get to know people. It is easier for me to talk when I am busy doing something and others just open up and share parts of their lives. You get to see members of immediate families interact and begin to understand more of who they are. So it was a really good day. The kids, both big and small had fun jumping and playing in the leaves. Tonight I am wondering if I have special leaf raking muscles because I am feeling muscles in places that I did not know I had them. But any slight discomfort I may have tonight just reminds me of the beautiful morning that I shared with part of my church family. I am looking forward to the Second Saturday in December (the 8th) when we get to serve side by side again.

No comments: