Wednesday, November 14, 2007

So Clean


I had my car, a 1999 Honda Accord, detailed last weekend. It is so clean it feels like new. I made a covenant with this car - it is until death do us part. I am counting in it going first but I plan on driving it as long as it will run. This is part of the reason I had it detailed. I want to do all I can to keep it in good condition as long as possible. The other reason is that I get great pleasure in having things I own well taken care of, clean and neat. (This is also the reason I like to mow the lawn and garden. It keeps my house looking well taken care of, clean and neat.)
It felt like an extravagance to spend the money to have every inch of my car cleaned but it was well worth it to me. I am thankful that I am able to do things like this.

2 comments:

Cari said...

I have the same deal with my minivan. The wonderful thing is all paid off and I plan to keep it until it dies on me. While I would love to have it totally detailed and looking wonderful, it really does me no good...my kids and I seem to keep our van very messy...lol.

Mommy pfohl said...

Well, I have been in our new van a week and umm... there are cheese crackers under both kids seats, Abby squished a donut in there yesterday, there are socks (mainly Joey's as he likes to fling them to infinity and beyond!), Unmanagealbe amounts of toys... aahhhhh... if I pulled in for detailing, the dude would quit on the spot! Oh, the joys of parenthood! =) Glad you have a clean car! Can I come sit in it some time just to know what it feels like to be in "clean"? =) Glad you enjoyed it!