Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lottery

When I filled my car with gas the other day I saw a notice like this one on the screen .
Powerball - $245 Million
Next Drawing: 8/22/2007

My mind went wow! What the church could do with $200 million. I would only keep the 45 mil for myself and give the 200 mil to the church. Pretty self sacrificing - right? Then I thought God would you really give that kind of money to the church? We could do so much with it. We could build a great big sanctuary, it could hold alot of people who would hear about you! We could build a parking garage. We could buy a jet plane and send people all over the world to minister and spread your word. We could have the very best children's areas and I know you love kids. Right God? Wow we could really make a difference in our community with that kind of money. We would not have to work so hard at all of this Building to Bless stuff. So God if I buy a ticket would you let me win so that your church could do all kinds of fantastic things?? Oh please God. Well I drove away and did not buy a ticket ...and then
God answered my questions with some of His own. If I gave you that kind of money would you know me better? Would it make the lives of those in your church more like me? Would having 200 million dollars build anyones faith in me? I think the better plan is for your church to work as a team. Work hard on the Building to Bless campaign. Spend time in prayer and make plans to sacrifice for my Kingdom. Then your life and the lives of those in your church will be changed. They will know me better and trust me more. I am the Lord your provider.
Ok God I see that your plan is better.

No comments: