Monday, August 13, 2007

Difference

Today I have been thinking about why I do what I do. Why did I make the decision 10 months ago to take a position at FFC and become the Pastor of Administration. The conclusion I have come to is I made the choice to work at FFC because I believe that I can make a difference.
I think that this is often the motivation for doing what we do. We believe we can make a difference.
We work to earn money because we believe that the money will make a difference in our lives.
We enter into marriages because we believe that the relationship will make a difference in our lives. I minister at FFC because I know that my relationship with Jesus Christ has made a difference in my life and I want to help others enter into a relationship with Jesus that will make a difference in their lives.
We at FFC are about to enter into a spiritual journey of stewardship where we will be Building to Bless... Another Generation. The difference that this campaign is going to make is one that we may not see all the results of, however I am anticipating that we will see a big difference in each person in our church as a result.

2 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

Marggy,

Thank you for saying "yes" to God's call. You are making a differnce in the life of this church and you are a blessing to our entire staff!

PK

bryan vickery said...

I've really missed working with you. I'm glad that you are making a difference at Farmland Friends... laying the groundwork and helping lead the church in a new direction. I know that your work will make everyone around you more and more efficient as time passes (which means more changed lives). Thanks for allowing God to use your gifts and strengths :o)