Thursday, July 10, 2008

Inheritance

I have been thinking a lot lately about inheritance. In our culture we only receive an inheritance when someone in our family line dies. It is only after they have lived their life and accumulated wealth that we receive our inheritance. This is the same with God's culture. Because Christ died, and His life was filled with wealth, we have our inheritance now. We have inherited the kingdom of God and God's kingdom is: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control. Our inheritance is freedom from slavery and everything that binds us. It is the promised land where we are able to overcome all of our enemies and live in perfect peace. Our inheritance is the promised land flowing with milk and honey, filled with fruit larger than we have ever seen. Our inheritance is a mansion in heaven, it is eternal life and so much more than I can understand.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Good post! I have inherited more than I could ever imagine from God, but have really never seen it that way before and I really don't think about what He's done for me often as I should. But I bet if I knew I was inheriting a billion dollars from my family, I'd rejoice daily. Thinking about His blessings as inheritance is somehow very helpful for me. THANKS!!!

missval said...

Awesome way to put it! I'm so thankful for the blessings that are entitled to me! They are due to me. not bc i worked for them but bc Christ did the work so that i can have full rights and access to my inheritance! thanks for the uplifting thought
-Val