Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Focus

Do you ever have times is your life where you can only focus on what is right in front of you?
I have had a season recently where all I could see was the junk right in front of me. The picture above is my view from my bedroom window. All I can see is the neighbors shed, wood pile, camper, boat and van. This is not the best view in the world. Anyone who really knows me, would say that I am a neat freak. I like things super tidy. I clean off the top of my desk every day before I go home. Everything goes into the proper file and my to do list is ready for the next day. I am just overly organized by nature. So there are times when I can't seem to get my mind off of the junk (life issues) that are right in front of me.

But I am learning to look beyond what is right in front of me and I am working on getting my eyes fixed on Jesus.
Hebrews 12:2 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

When my eyes are fixed on him the junk in front me does not bother me so much.

No comments: