Tuesday, October 7, 2008

the shack

I read "the shack" over the weekend and came away from reading this book with three things.
First I have a renewed appreciation for all the relationships in my life. I have the best parents who truly love and seek the best for me. I have wonderful friends who will settle for nothing less than my giving my best to God. I work with the best staff ever, I love those guys and gals. I want to love deeper and better and without fear. My prayer is "Papa - teach me to love like you do." Second I came away from reading this book by walking down the path of remembrance of all the times that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit have met with me and brought healing and freedom to my life. How wonderful those meetings have been. I look forward to many more meetings with them. The third thing reading "the shack" did for me was to bring me to the point of awareness of the fact that I often come to God with expectation of how he should bless me, answer my prayers etc. instead of coming to Him in love with expectancy of Him giving me His very best. I recommend reading "the shack" it was a great way to spend a weekend. You can find out more about the book here www.theshackbook.com.

No comments: