Friday, August 27, 2010

The Prayer of Jabez

1 Chronicles 4:10 (NIV)
Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.
I remember when the book the "Prayer of Jabez" came out and how when I read it I had prayed that God would enlarge my territory. I asked that He would give me greater influence to expand His kingdom and now years later God has granted that request. I am thanking Him for allowing me to have influence in two countries. Since I have been in Jamaica we have hosted 13 teams. My prayer for each individual has been that through their mission experience that they would return to the states changed in a way that would last forever. That they would follow Christ more closely, give more generously, pray more intensely for the nations, and love justice more completely. Just as one short term mission trip has forever changed me. Through the duties required to host a team I have worked with many Jamaicans and I am enjoying sharing my knowledge of the word of God as we interact on a daily basis. So I am thankful for the influence God has given me and I pray that I use each opportunity wisely. 

No comments: